Benefits only fully available with open international standards:
- New markets created and market access made easier
- Exports Enabled driving GDP Growth
- International trade easier for Contractors, Product Manufactures, Vendors
- Vendors able to invest in better tools for AEC supply chain
- Whole life asset management for governments and clients
- Government and client procurement and operational savings
- AEC participants and vendors less waste
- Improved techniques leading to improved margins
- Shared learning environment
- Increasing value contribution per capita
- De-risked growth
- New boundaries on which to compete
The built environment industry fully enabled for the digital economy
Building Owners / Operators will benefit from digitally enabled standardized information allowing better project definition, delivery and asset operation.
Software Vendors will benefit from standardized processes for advanced features.
Product Manufactures / Users will benefit from clients, designers and engineers accessing information from product manufacturers and suppliers in a timely way.
Infrastructure will benefit in the same way that the building Industry benefits from BIM standards for Infrastructure.
Tier I Contractors will benefit from process driven methods which de-risk operations and underwrite improved financial performance
And shared research programs de-risk technical paths for next generation standards.