May 11, 2022 @ 12:00 pm Eastern
Installing work accurately is an obvious, but challenging, step in any digital project execution. This presentation will review practical workflows in the design model, trade/fabrication modeling, and layout/execution process including:
- Model Accuracy: Don’t coordinate with 5mm of tolerance if you can’t layout & install with that same tolerance
- Establishing Proper A Coordinate Space in the modeling environment
- Challenges from Unique Units (US Survey Feet vs. International Feet)
- IFC Auditing to ensure compliance with US Survey Feet based layout
- How to establish and maintain a jobsite survey control network
- The role of different layout & QC tools: Robotic Total Stations, Survey GPS, LIDAR, and Dimensioned Coordination/Working Drawings with a trusty tape measure.
- Methods of “round tripping” data into a model environment
- Don’t go it alone & Importance of partners: Designers, Trade Contractors, Licensed Surveyors, and the entire General Contractor/Construction Management team.
Speaker: John Tocci Jr. (VDC Manager at PCL Construction)