The buildingSMART International Awards Program 2020 Finalists Announced
London, (September 25, 2020) buildingSMART International is delighted to share the full list of finalists for the Awards Program 2020. Finalists will be invited to present their project to an independent jury for consideration as part of the rigorous award process. The finalist presentations will take place during the buildingSMART Virtual Summit between 28th – 29th October 2020. Attendees of the virtual summit will be able to watch the finalist presentations. Winners will be announced at the virtual summit on 29th October 2020.
The full list of finalists from over 100 submissions are:
Category of ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Auckland International Airport Ltd – “Auckland Airport” - NEW ZEALAND.
Category of CONSTRUCTION:
- Byggstyrning – “Project Celsius” – SWEDEN.
- Losinger Marazzi SA – “The Eglantine Project” – SWITZERLAND.
- VIA IMC GmbH – “PPP infrastructure project management using BIM” - GERMANY.
Category of DESIGN:
- Cardno Victoria Pty Ltd. – North East Link Early Works Utility Relocation Project – Australia
- CCCC Highway Consultants CO.,Ltd. – “Panama Canal 4th Bridge” – CHINA.
- China Railway First Survey and Design Institute Group Co., Ltd – “The Research of BIM Technology Applied in Intercity Projects in Shaanxi Province” – CHINA.
Category of HANDOVER:
- Vestfold Hospital – “The Tonsberg Project” – NORWAY.
Category of PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH:
- COWI – “BIM-based cost estimation in a road project, proof of concept and practice”. NORWAY.
- The University of Manchester – “Discovering Safety”. UNITED KINGDOM.
- Warbud SA – “Structural designing supported by openBIM”. POLAND.
Category of STUDENT RESEARCH:
- École des Ponts ParisTech – “Smart BCF” – FRANCE.
- Technical University of Munich - “Enrich IFC Approach” - GERMANY.
- University of Sao Paulo – “IFC4 MVD for Architectural and Structural design process” - BRAZIL.
Category of TECHNOLOGY:
- ACCA software – “usIFC.server” – ITALY.
- BEXEL Consulting – “Project Management of Novo Brdo Residential Complex Project utilizing intelligent openBIM workflows” - SLOVENIA.
- BIM & Scan – “BIM & Scan AutoCorr and AutoGen” – Ireland.
- Ineco – “InBIM” – SPAIN.
- Lendlease – “A modular tookit for developing openBIM data pipelines” – AUSTRALIA.
- Norwegian Public Roads Administration – “Machine Readable Norwegian Classification Manual for Bridge Registrations” – NORWAY.
About buildingSMART International:
buildingSMART International is a vendor-neutral and not for profit body that leads the development of open digital information flows across the built asset economy. Its mission is to proactively support industry participants who want to develop open standards for planning, design, procurement, assembly and operation of buildings and infrastructure worldwide. It provides the international network plus the necessary technical and process support. Its members, who range from across the built environment spectrum, collaborate under the buildingSMART organization. buildingSMART is engaged with other international standards bodies such as ISO, the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). Its core Industry Foundation Class (IFC) standards achieved ISO approval in 2012. Further information is available on the Internet at www.buildingsmart.org